A Bacto Breakdown suite includes tests for the following:
PLANT HYGIENE - using traditional plate culture methods
• Total Viable Count (TVC)
This represents all the bacteria present in the sample and is indicative of overall hygiene.
An indicator of bacterial contamination from milking equipment or coliform mastitis.
Indicative of inadequate plant cleaning.
These bacteria grow at refrigeration temperatures and suggest poor bulk tank cleaning and/or inadequate milk cooling.
COW ASSOCIATED PATHOGENS - using qPCR technology to detect bacterial DNA
• Staphylococcus aureus
• Enterococcus sp. (including E. faecalis and E. faecium)
• Corynebacterium bovis
• Staphylococcal β-lactamase gene (penicillin resistance in staphylococci)
• Escherichia coli
• Streptococcus dysgalactiae
• Staphylococcus sp. (inc S. aureus & all major coagulase -ve staphylococci)
• Streptococcus agalactiae
• Streptococcus uberis
• Klebsiella sp. (including K. oxytoca and K. pneumoniae)
• Serratia marcescens
• Arcanobacterium pyogenes and/or Peptoniphilus indolicus
BULK MILK TESTING
FOR NML 7 DAY CLIENTS, MILK SAMPLES ARE AVAILABLE FOR TESTING IN THE LABORATORY FRIDGES.
This is equivalent to approx 90% of GB dairy producers so before taking a bulk sample check with our lab to confirm whether we already have a sample available for testing. Using NML fridge samples reduces the time lag to receipt of results and ensures the quality of the sample as all our milk samples are transported under refrigerated conditions to the laboratory.
TO USE THIS SIMPLE, HASSLE FREE SERVICE JUST CALL CUSTOMER SERVICES ON 0844 725 5567.